Lotus Evija Hypercar Built To Thrill

Lotus Evija testing team reveals first impression on the hypercar project


The Evija hypercar program is in its near final stages. The Lotus engineers are working collaboratively with Europe and China’s global testing team. Matt Windle, Managing Director of Lotus Cars, gave their impressions on its development and performance character. Gavan Kershaw, Director of Product Attributes and Lotus’ legendary chief test driver, delivers the driving experience that he can be super-proud of. And James Hazlehurst, Lead Vehicle Dynamics Engineer, added that the final straight of the development program will soon unleash full power and torque of the Lotus Evija.

“We have different prototypes focusing on different areas of development.  One for build and tech, another for battery management, the other for motors and so on.  EP1, which I have driven most recently, is the performance prototype and it does not disappoint. We are still some months from entering series production, but already EP1 has that unmistakable Lotus ‘feel’. Unquestionably a unique and extreme hypercar, but still, somehow, a Lotus. I’m so excited and extremely proud of what the team has achieved.”

– Matt Windle, Managing Director, Lotus Cars

“We’re 80% there – in terms of power, in terms of batteries, motors, body.  Now, the remaining 20% is about adding the magic, for everything to work in harmony in that unique Lotus way, to deliver the driving experience that we want and that we can be super-proud of.  And by proud, I of course mean, mind-blowing. It is a hypercar.”

– Gavan Kershaw, Director of Product Attributes and Lotus’ legendary chief test driver

As we enter the final straight of the development programme and start to unleash full power and torque, we are fast-completing the base vehicle dynamics and turning on the active systems one by one – torque vectoring, active aero, traction control and so on – to confirm everything behaves and works together as expected. Then we start to tune the drive modes, delivering the distinctive characteristics for each of the settings. We’ve been doing some of this virtually, working with a simulator partner, and now, as the world is beginning to slowly open up, we’re able to put these learnings into practice in the physical world.”

– James Hazlehurst, Lead Vehicle Dynamics Engineer

Article: Alex A Source: Lotus Production: J AD Media

#Lotus #LifestyleOnWheels #MotorsikloNews #CarSideNews #LeisureRides #MoTourism #TrafficNetwork #PinoyXtremeChannel #MoTouringLifestyle #BounceBackThroughMobility

You May Also Like

One thought on “Lotus Evija Hypercar Built To Thrill

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *